Retailers know that visual merchandising knowledge has the power to improve sales across all categories. Perhaps even more importantly, confidence in product placement and an understanding of best practices also leads to more satisfied teams who have confidence in their unique creativity, are invested and efficient and who know what to do. Team members who can work as partners to develop and execute a solid visual merchandising strategy, save time, create community and provide excellent customer service.
The Merchandising Matters Certificate Program is a new virtual platform for individuals and retailers who want to demonstrate to current and future employers that they have the confidence and skill set to work the ass off of silent selling, but who may need to fit this education into an already packed schedule. This innovative program has been developed for retail store managers, store visual merchandisers, and sales team members who want to strengthen their visual merchandising skill set.
This visual merchandising certification requires a 12 month commitment, will be limited to 20 participants and for just $165/month offers the following:
- “Visual Merchandising Best Practices Manual”
- Nine training webinars that align with the following key topics in the manual:
- Laying the Foundation: Who you are and why you do what you do
- Consumer Psychology and your Target Audience
- Developing a Visual Merchandising Strategy
- The Big Picture: Store Layout, Mapping, Selling Mode and Event Planning
- The Details: Merchandising Best Practices for Walls, Fixtures, Tables
- Visual Merchandising Elements: Involving all the senses
- Display: Windows, Front of Store, Front of Department
- Cross Merchandising and Add-on Sales
- Exercises for Team Involvement
- Three ‘open’ team meetings to seek solutions and share strategy, problem solve current issues, and learn from one another
- Private Facebook page for interaction among members in between meetings and to create visual merchandising community
- 1:1 meetings so that members can receive individual feedback on their visual merchandising programs
- Access to images and videos to deepen skills and as examples of best practices
- Merchandising Matters Certificate in Visual Merchandising upon completion of course*.
Exercises will be provided after each webinar and participants are encouraged to use these opportunities to build a visual merchandising portfolio.
The investment for this membership is just $1980 for an entire year of training. Registered retailers can include up to 2 team members in group meetings. Webinars will be recorded and made available for viewing by your team on your own schedule. Sessions begin in January and June. Sign up here to participate in the session beginning June 2017. Course needs a minimum of six individuals to run.
*Certificates are awarded to participants who remain in good standing for duration of course.
Hear from a current student:
“Robin’s Merchandising Matters course provides constructive exercises and asks thoughtful questions to critique and improve our merchandising as a whole. Robin also strongly focuses on the “big picture” of merchandising by emphasizing the importance of weaving our culture into our merchandising strategy, and of course, how to appeal to our target audience. I highly recommend Merchandising Matters because Robin has taken our team to the next level!”
~ Jamie Bradshaw, Campers Village